Goldconn is an experienced custom die casting manufacturer in China, mainly specialized in custom die casting parts and focus on one stop solution of customized die casting service from a new design to mass production for its customers since year 2012. Has been specialized in offering the best OEM die casting service for superior quality.
What is Die casting?
Die casting is a metal casting process that is characterized by forcing molten metal under high pressure into a mould cavity. The mould cavity is created using two hardened tool steel dies which have been machined into shape and work similarly to an injection mould during the process. Most die castings are made from non-ferrous metals, specifically zinc, copper, aluminium and magnesium alloys. Depending on the type of metal being cast, a hot or cold-chamber machine is used.
The technical team confirms the final specification with customer, in this process, our engineers will review all specification and provide the workable DFM for customer final approval.
Mold Design Process
The technical team according to the final specification to design the mold and provide the mold drawing for customer validating the gate, injector location, etc.
Injection process which is by forcing molten metal under high pressure into a mould cavity, in this process, the die casting machine parameter is very important to ensure the good and stable casting part.
Gate Deburring Process
Foundry goods is after production, and its surface is easily jagged, is difficult to cleaning, and the especially burr of foundry goods inside, can not carry out conventional cleaning. The deburring stamping device is particularly suitable for castings parts, high in deburring speed and high in efficiency, burrs are removed completely, and a plurality of areas can be cleaned simultaneously without damaging the Foundry goods.
Polishing is the process of creating a smooth and shiny surface by rubbing it or by applying a chemical treatment, leaving a clean surface with a significant specular reflection, after the deburring process, polishing process is needed to get much better surface finishing.
Drilling is one of the machining processes, which used to make a hole on component face. For some holes requires precision tolerance or thread those will be manufactured by using drilling process. Goldconn will according to the requirement to apply the drilling process on the parts to ensure it meet the specification completely.
CNC Machining Process
CNC machining is a manufacturing process suitable for a wide variety of industries which can do milling, drilling, threading..etc together. This is the most use process on die casting parts to ensure the precision tolerance, good flatness to meet the assembling and functional requirement of the finished good. Goldconn has total 142 sets of 3-Axis 4-Axis and 2 sets 5-Axis CNC machining to support customer’s high requirement.
The main die casting alloys are: zinc, aluminium, magnesium, copper, ferrous die casting is also possible. Specific die casting alloys include: zinc aluminium; The following is a summary of the advantages of each alloy
• Zinc Alloy: the easiest metal to cast; high ductility; high impact strength; easily plated; economical for small parts; promotes long die life.
• Aluminium alloy: lightweight; high dimensional stability for very complex shapes and thin walls; good corrosion resistance; good mechanical properties; high thermal and electrical conductivity; retains strength at high temperatures.
• Magnesium alloy: the easiest metal to machine; excellent strength-to-weight ratio; lightest alloy commonly die cast.
Why choose Goldconn die casting service？
• The mold is the key to ensure the good quality, we design and build the mold in house to ensure the good quality of mold, in Goldconn all the mold will maintain in a good condition all the time.
• We have die casting machine size from 180T-2000T with multiple manufacturing capabilities and can meet a wide variety of needs.
• We provide a one stop solution for die casting process from prototype testing to launch mass production
• Our technicians are experts in the field of die casting, have rich experience to provide engineering service to help customers optimize their design.
• We have a complete quality control system for dimensional support and Mechanical Performance Testing.
• We also support customers to do prototype to validate the design prior to die casting mold building by CNC machining.
What are the advantages of die casting?
• Excellent dimensional accuracy (dependent on casting material, but typically 0.1 mm for the first 2.5 cm (0.004 inch for the first inch) and 0.02 mm for each additional centimeter (0.002 inch for each additional inch).
• Thinner walls can be cast as compared to sand and permanent mould casting (approximately 0.75 mm or 0.030 in).
• Inserts can be cast-in (such as threaded inserts, heating elements, and high strength bearing surfaces).
• Reduces or eliminates secondary machining operations.
• Rapid production rates.
• Casting tensile strength as high as 415 megapascals (60 ksi).
• Casting of low fluidity metals
What information needed for RFQ of die casting?
Goldconn is always respect customer’s requirement to work out the cost and provide the precise and reasonable offer, it is much useful and appreciate to have following information for engineering analyzing.
1. 2D drawing in PDF, DWG, DXF format.
2. 3D drawing in STEP, STP, IGS, X_T format.(The 3D drawing is much useful to work out the part weight and engineering analysis)
3. Material information
4. Surface treatment/finishing information
5. Batch quantity/annual quantity
6. Product application/industry ( this is helpful to consider the best solution for cost)
Due to our specialty in short run orders, we are very flexible in order quantities. Our quotes always to respect customer’s requirement.
(2) How to chosse the right die casting alloy: Magnesium, aluminum, or zinc ?
Magnesium has a density of 1.74 g/cm³, and is the lightest structural metal in common use. Aluminum has a density of about 2.71 g/cm³, and is the most widely used alloy for castings worldwide. Zinc offers a wide range of excellent physical and mechanical properties, and can be used to achieve thinner sections in the parts. Please consider the most important point for its usage to choose the right material.
(3) What tolerance can you support in your die casting parts?
We support NADCA standard tolerance for die castings, and we will do seconder process to get more precision tolerance, like CNC machining, polishing etc.
The company is headquartered in Dongguan City, and has three production plants located in Dongguan, Kunshan and Jiangsu. At present, the company has 1,100 employees (including branch offices), with a total area of 58,000 square meters....
+86 (769) 8352 1388
+86 (769) 8352 1488 firstname.lastname@example.org Daxiandi Industrial Park, Liaobu Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, China 523425
Goldconn Technologies Co., All rights reserved All rights reserved Technical Support: Molan Network