Views: 14 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-04-23 Origin: Site
Material selection for sheet metal processing
Sheet metal processing parts are the most common structural parts and can be used in many fields. The primary processing methods of sheet metal parts are welding, and lightweight laser cutting has good rigidity and high precision. Generally, the thickness of sheet metal parts is less than 6mm, and after a diversified cold working process, thus various shapes of parts are made. When sheet metal is cold machined, the thickness of sheet metal parts can become more fixed. However, because of the different application fields of sheet metal, different sheet metal materials need to be selected for fabrication.
Generally, sheet metal processing materials are divided into the following types: stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and other materials. Different sheet metal materials require different processing methods and fabrication methods. We will introduce them separately in detail below.
1、Stainless steel sheet.
(1) Cold-rolled steel sheet. Cold rolled steel sheet is a kind of steel sheet made at a lower room temperature, then controlled by crystallization temperature, and then rolled into a thin steel sheet. In the cold rolled steel plate. It has a lubricated appearance, uniform thickness, does not produce a high cost, and is easy to form. It is possible to extend the use of steel plates by painting or plating.
(2) Hot-rolled steel plate. This kind of steel plate is treated by first treating the initially rolled plate or cast billet, heating it, and then dephosphorization it to form a rough rolled steel plate. Generally, the thickness of the hot-rolled steel plate will have a slight deviation, and the problem of folding may occur during the actual processing. Hot-rolled steel sheet processing skills are mainly used to produce parts for cars, ships, and other equipment.
Galvanized sheet is mainly galvanized on the exterior of the steel plate. In general, the thickness of the galvanized layer of the steel plate is first controlled at 10m or more to prevent corrosion and other damage to the exterior of the steel plate. This is mainly because of the high requirements for corrosion resistance when using the parts.
The sheet metal fabricator will use electrical materials in the actual processing, and it needs chrome and nickel plating on the exterior of the copper plate. And also need to be sprayed, but this kind of material is more expensive. Generally, the exterior of the aluminum sheet is treated with chromate or oxidized using chemical and conductive methods. It is mainly used for making boxes.
Notes on sheet metal fabrication.
The division of labor and operation of sheet metal fabrication requires clear rules and regulations. Different undercutting methods are not selected based on drawings and batches, such as laser, sheet metal working, CNC punching, cutting, and tooling.
Today, we will specifically introduce the rules and regulations for making sheet metal processing.
1. Pick the undercutting and enter the following process after it is finished, and process different stainless steel workpieces into the corresponding process according to the demand.
2. If the elbow is made of stainless steel according to the size and thickness of the drawing, then it is critical to pick the thickness of the plate. To avoid collision deformation of the product, must (Different types of upper and lower molds can be used for the same product)
3. When riveting in the press, pay attention to the same height of the studs and pick the same mold, and then adjust the pressure of the press to ensure that the studs and the workpiece appearance neatly, to avoid the studs pressed into or pressed through the workpiece appearance, thus forming the workpiece.
4、Welding contains argon arc welding, spot welding, carbon dioxide welding, technical welding, etc. Spot welding first determines the welding direction of the workpiece. It then determines the position of the stainless steel plate in the batch production to ensure the accuracy of spot welding.
4. To weld firmly, when welding bump workpieces, ensure that the bump and plane are evenly heated before welding and that the standard contact points are heated to determine the welding direction.
The quality of the stainless steel plate is related to the rules and regulations of production quality and the stringent requirements of the production process. We have to check the size according to the drawing strictly, but we also have to control the appearance quality strictly. Sheet metal processing pays excellent attention to the process; otherwise, the effect of the process is complex, and the quality will be poor.